Friday, January 8, 2010

I cant see saved folder in flash disk drive but I can see it when i scan by antivirus?

I saved some documents last week in a folder, the problem is that when i Open my usb flash disk i can't see it but when I scan it by using Avast I see the name of the folder and files being scanned too.Any help?


I cant see saved folder in flash disk drive but I can see it when i scan by antivirus?
Probably the whole USB disk has a hidden attribute.


With the USB still attached to a USB port, open a Windows Explorer, then choose the Drive where the USB is connected.


Choose Tools%26gt;%26gt;Folder Options%26gt;%26gt;View.





In the View tab, be sure that the following is enabled:


Hidden Files and Folders


choose: Show Hidden Files and Folders.


Click OK.





Verify now if you can see the documents in the flash disk.


Verify the File Attributes for these files. In Windows Explorer, right click on any Named Column : Name--Size--Type--Date modified. Browse to Attributes, click on it, a check should appear. With the Attributes column now present, verify the file attributes of the individual files. If there are RHS, means Read-only, Hidden or System Files. You could change these file attributes by selecting the files to change, right click and choose Properties. Under Attributes, uncheck Read-only and Hidden boxes, and make sure that the Archive box is CHECKED.


I cant see saved folder in flash disk drive but I can see it when i scan by antivirus?
That Question was actually not well answered or at least not fully... if your computer is set to hide system files you will not be able to see some of your files on the flash, so under the same Tools uncheck both Hidden files/ folders %26amp; Hide system files. Reverse this to protect your system. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment